Monday, January 26, 2009

Will she ever get to drive?????

I know, still no pictures. (it's coming soon, really)
On to the reason for the blog... My crazy teenager will be 16 in May, and so means a DRIVERS LICENSE!!! I think most parents get a little nervous about their children behind the wheel of a moving death trap, but me and her dad can't get the darn thing fast enough. Well i guess not fast enough because she could have had the permit in Nov. but with the holidays we just put it off. So we get the drivers ed done (online, don't you just love that) and enroll her in drivers training,and off to the DMV we go!! she studies kinda, and misses 13 on her first time through. What, who misses 13!! (you can only miss 8 and pass). Now we have to wait 1 week to go back and retest. Back to the DMV for the 2nd time, more studying, slow down, take your time, dont rush through it, it's not timed or anything, read each ? carefully, double check your answers. She did better, this time she only missed 10!!!! Are you serious? We now get to go back to the DMV again, I think they will know us by name before this is over. Her theory is if she misses 3 less each time we go in she will pass this week!! Wish us luck, lucky #3 on Friday. (should we as parents now be less eager to get her out on the road?)
What do you think?
How many times did it take you to pass your test to get your learner permit?
I'm dieing to know if my daughter is the only one who can't seem to get this darn thing.
Drive happy!! And look out for my crazy teenager!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey JoDee! I love your blog! :) I got my driving permit exactly 6 months before I turned 16, convinced my dad to take me out of school on my 16th birthday to get my license. I did pass my test on the first time..... but then I had my first car accident one week later. (that stop sign came out of nowhere.) So it is all about skill. Who cares how many times it takes to pass the test. It is all about whether or not she's got driving skills. :)

    ReplyDelete